Baghdad The Saudi government completely rejected the negative, false, and unacceptable assessment of the US intel report pertaining to the Kingdom’s leadership regarding the murder of the late Jamal Khashoggi, according to a statement published by the Kingdom’s Foreign Ministry.
“The government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia completely rejects the negative, false and unacceptable assessment in the report pertaining to the Kingdom’s leadership, and notes that the report contained inaccurate information and conclusions,” the foreign ministry said in a statement.
It added, “The competent authorities in the Kingdom had previously confirmed that this was a heinous crime that constituted a flagrant violation of the Kingdom’s laws and values, and was committed by a group that violated all regulations and violated the powers of the agencies in which they were operating.”
It explained, “The Kingdom has taken all necessary judicial measures to investigate them and bring them to justice, as final court rulings were issued against them, which the Khashoggi’s family welcomed.”
The Saudi Foreign Ministry continued: “It is truly regrettable that such a report and the wrong and unjustified conclusions it contained were issued at a time when the Kingdom condemned this heinous crime and its leadership took the necessary steps to ensure that such an unfortunate incident did not recur in the future, and the Kingdom rejects any matter that might affect its leadership and sovereignty. ”
In its statement, it stressed: “The partnership between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United States is a strong and solid partnership, based over the past eight decades on solid foundations based on mutual respect, and the institutions in the two countries are working to strengthen them in various fields, stressing the intensification of coordination and cooperation between them to achieve security and stability in the region and the world. ”
On Friday evening, the administration of US President Joe Biden issued a declassified copy of the CIA report on the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018.
The office of the Director of National Intelligence said in the report published on the administration’s website, “We see that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman approved in 2018 an operation in Istanbul, Turkey, to arrest or kill journalist Jamal Khashoggi.”
Source: National Iraqi News Agency